Carbondale Park District Prepared to Reopen Hickory Ridge Public Golf Course
Carbondale Park District is prepared to reopen Hickory Ridge Public Golf Course Friday, May 1 with operational restrictions and guidelines given by Illinois Gov. JB Pritzker’s Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity. The operational restrictions are mandated, along with the extended stay-at-home order, until May 30.
Some of the restrictions are for the golf course such as no clubhouse, proshop, or restaurant. No golf carts or pull carts will be available for rent or use. All players must walk and carry their own equipment. Hickory Ridge Public Golf Course will also have the bottoms of the holes, or cups, elevated so that players do not have to reach into and touch the sides of the cup.
There are restrictions for players as well such as no groups of more than two, waiting in your vehicle for your tee time, changing shoes in your vehicle, no handshaking before or after a round, and more. The most important of all the restrictions is staying home if you or anyone in your home feels sick or shows COVID-19 symptoms. All of Gov. JB Pritzker’s Golf Operational Restrictions can be found on the Hickory Ridge Public Golf Course’s website at http://hickoryridgecarbondale.com.
If you are interested in getting outdoors and playing at the beautiful Hickory Ridge Public Golf Center, make reservations up to 7 days in advance at (618) 529-4386. (Online tee times will soon be available at http://hickoryridgecarbondale.com/tee-times/.)
The following Carbondale Park District changes are still in place and extended through May 30, 2020:
More information about the Carbondale Park District can be found at https://www.cpkd.org/. Remember Carbondale, together we will get through this. We are all in!
- All basketball courts, soccer, softball and baseball fields are closed.
- The childcare centers, Alice Wright and Kids Korner, are closed.
- Life Community Center is closed. A staff person is available by phone Monday -Friday, 8:00am to 4:00pm at 618-549-4222.
- The Park District’s administrative offices at Hickory Lodge are closed to the public.
- Parks will remain open. Playgrounds are closed due to the increased risk of spreading COVID-19. Individuals using the parks should comply with social distancing requirements.