Maternal/Fetal Medicine NP
SSM Health Maternal Fetal Medicine @ Carbondale
Collaborates with physicians and staff to implement, coordinate, and care for residents in long term care, assisted living, senior congregate living, and senior services clinic. Monitors health behavior and health service for at risk senior patients.
- Demonstrates competency in clinical skills, performance of procedures, treatments, and patient care.
- Provides primary health care at long term care facilities, assisted living, retirement homes, and St. Mary's Senior Service clinic, served by collaborating physicians.
- Ensures appropriate documentation of medical findings and maintains patients' medical records.
- Coordinates and clinically manages a complex patient population with the interdisciplinary team and the SSM Senior Services Physicians.
- Demonstrates competence in delegation, problem solving, conflict resolution, and team building.
- Participates in the on call schedule if required by the collaborating physician and the Medical Executive Committee.
- Provides clinical management by a) assisting in providing medical education to the patients and their families concerning the diagnosis, treatment plan, etc. b) conducting rounds (either hospital or community based facilities) as the collaborating physicians indicate.
- Participates in one appropriate professional organization and shares information and resources to enhance the team's knowledge and functionality.
- State of IL RN License and MO
- Women's Health Nurse Practitioner License
- CPR Certification
- Master's Degree
Employees in this position are, or can be, required to possess the following physical capabilities:
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling
- Stooping, kneeling and/or crouching daily
- Standing or walking more than 6 hours a day
- Running to respond to patient emergencies
- Reaching, grasping, fingering, and/or feeling more than 4 hours a day
- Visual acuity in order to correctly distinguish skin tone variations, evidence of IV infiltration, infection; able to read telemetry, blood pressure gauges, etc.
- Audio acuity in order to correctly distinguish various body sounds (i.e., respirations, heart tones, bowel sounds).
- Audio acuity to discern sounds made by various types of machinery or equipment that would indicate dangerous or improper operation
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - St. Louis -
The 525-bed SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - St. Louis is a major teaching hospital affiliated with the Saint Louis University Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology. St. Mary's Hospital - St. Louis offers a wide variety of outpatient services, including cardiovascular and open-heart surgery, high-risk obstetrics and comprehensive women's breast health services. The hospital was recognized with the 2008 and 2010 Premier Award for Quality.
Our robust employee benefits package includes health benefits, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, long-term disability coverage, health and dependent care reimbursement accounts, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption reimbursement, an employee assistance program, retirement plan options and more.
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings.
Click Here To Apply